We have opportunities for local Schools/Organisations/Juniors Football Clubs, to come and join us for the afternoon and carry out the all important ball duties for the ninety minute duration of all fixtures at Bower Fold. Below is a sample of what the day will look like.
- Ballboys/Girls to meet outside Main Reception at Bower Fold.
- 2.15pm for 3pm KO & 7.00pm for 7.45pm KO.
- BallBoys/Girls to be met by Mike Smith (Community Development Officer).
- Entrance to Bower Fold via Blue Gate next to Main Reception.
- Stools will be in place around the pitch prior to BallBoys/Girls arriving.
- Upon entry to Bower Fold Ballboys/Girls to be briefed on Health & Safety issues.
- Head Boy/Girl to be chosen.
- Ballboys/Girls to be allocated a position (seat).
- Ballboys/Girls to go to their seat.
- Once in position Head Boy/Girl to gather them back at the Player’s Tunnel.
- Photo with players after warm up (when possible).
- Prior to both Teams coming out on to the pitch, Ballboys/Girls to form a ‘Guard of Honour’ for both teams to pass through.
- Ballboys/Girls take up their positions for the first half.
- Ballboys/Girls to remain seated during play, apart from when getting the ball.
- Ballboys/Girls to meet at Player’s Tunnel at half time.
- De-brief on first half by Mike Smith.
- Ballboys/Girls take up their position for the second half.
- Ballboys/Girls to meet at Player’s Tunnel after final whistle with their seats.
- De-brief on second half by Mike Smith.
- Exit out of the Blue Gate.
Please note – we can only accept U10’s/Year 5&6 children ONLY, we can however offer age lower age groups the opportunity to be ‘Mascot’s’ for a fixture, leading the Stalybridge Celtic FC team out onto the pitch prior to Kick Off.
If you would like to get involved, email Mike Smith on this link